My Minions

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, March 7, 2011

What makes a friend?

This question (in not so many words) was posed today on an internet message board I frequent. Is it crazy to think that these women that I talk to everyday (albeit via the internet) but whom I've never met are my friends? I've been told they aren't my friends by people in my life because I "don't really know them." They could be some crazy psychos for all I know.

My answer is no, I don't think it's crazy at all. We've been there through for each other through some very tough things, we've been able to talk to each other about things that we wouldn't talk to anyone else about. We know each others kids, husbands, jobs, and lives in general. We've celebrated our ups in life and cried with each other through our downs. But again many of us have never met each other.

So are my friends limited to my best friend who knows me better than anyone so much so that she knows what I'm thinking? Or my husband because of the intimacy that we share? Or my crazy coworker who can piss me off sometimes but who I know loves me and my son and I her and her son? Or any of my other friends "in real life"?

Or can these wonderful ladies also be my friends, because of all the reasons that I stated above?

I don't know about everyone else, but I count them among my friends even if I "don't really know them."

Love, warm fuzzies, hugs and police work,
Nessa

Quote of the Blog: (2 today!)
"A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are." -Unknown

"Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.-Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment