My Minions

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, March 11, 2011

Useless baby stuff (for me anyway)

Another token of wisdom from a relatively new mom for those soon to be parents I know. Or whoever is bored enough to read this blog (I'm looking at you Jason! LOL!) In no particular order.
  1. Baby wipes warmer. My kid could care less if the cloth wiping the crap from his ass was exactly 96 degrees. I am however told by my sister that my niece would scream bloody murder if a cold wipe touched her skin for a milisecond. So take it for what it's worth.
  2. Swaddle Me (or any other specialized type) swaddle blankets. They have a very loyal following. Those who use and love them are plotting my assasination in a secret bunker off the coast of Nova Scotia as we speak...but I'll be waiting and ready for them. Anyway, they are way to complicated for my tiny little mind to grasp. The main reason for them is that the baby can't get out of the swaddle. Call me crazy but if the baby is breaking out of the swaddle it means that they don't like being constricted or are too hot or just plain don't want to be swaddled, so why force it? So for my money, I'll just take use some type of light weight cotton swaddling blanket.
  3. Diaper Genie. The "diaper trash can" is in the middle of my living room next to the changing table and I've never had anyone complain about the smell. When it's full I close up the trash bag and put it outside just like the normal trash. I have some little green plastic baggies that are scented and when Jax has a particularly bad one or a blowout, they go in the baggie which is then knotted up and then in the trash. I bought 2 small boxes of these baggies (1 for the house and one for the diaper bag) when he was about a month old and I still haven't used them up. Diaper Genie = useless way to throw away money.
  4. Moby baby wrap. I have one and I love it. But was it worth 40-70 dollars that it costs? No, but mainly because I found out after the fact that there is nothing special about it! It's just 6 yards of thick jersey cotton fabric! Whoever invented it was a freaking genius to be able to get people to pay that much for fabric! I want a black one and I'm just going to go to Michaels or Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon that they periodically send out and get me some fabric for another wrap!
  5. Baby laundry detergent*. This gets a special star because a lot of babies really do have sensitivities and need special laundry detergent. But if there's no history of skin sensitivities in your family, most likely your baby won't have any either. Best to just try out your own laundry detergent first and fabric softener first in that case. If there's a little irritation, maybe try one of the free and clear types and no fabric softener before getting the baby detergent.
  6. Dry clean only baby clothes. For serious? What idiot thought of this?! Whoever it was should be shot! Morons!

That's all I've got for now. Once again as I think of more I'll update the blog. I think next blog will be a most useful post. Alright I'm off to make a list!

As always, love, warm fuzzies, hugs and police work,

Nessa

Quote of the Blog:

“It is a very sad thing that nowadays there is so little useless information.”

-Oscar Wilde

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the diaper genie and the special swaddle blankets. On the moby front, mine was a gift but I do love it.

    ReplyDelete