My Minions

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Can't get motivated!

I'm on my laptop writing. Writing on my book maybe? Nope on my blog. That's right, I'm writing my blog today about how I can't think of anything to write. It's a conundrum.
Writing is not my also obviously not my strong suit today as I wrote a post on a board I follow on TheBump.com that totally blew up in my face.
I talked to Dejanae a couple days ago and she helped me come up with my ending so that's good! This idea is that if I have a solid understanding of how the story ends, I'll be able to shape the story accordingly. The ending is done and it got the creative juices flowing until Chris started giving me other personality quirks that I will have to develop in the two main characters. The process is so frustrating and nerve-racking but at the same time it is so fulfilling. Even when I read back on the crappy parts that I've written, I feel proud that I have done it!
A writer that I like posted on her website some advice to new writers. She actually suggested having an outline for the story that constantly changes as the story changes and goes in new directions. I keep thinking about making an outline but it seems like a lot of extra work where you could just go with the flow.
Guess I need to get back to the grind! Thanks for listening!

Quote of the Blog: "What's all this stuff about motivation? I say, if you need motivation, you probably need more than motivation. You probably need chemical intervention or brain surgery. Actually, if you ask me, this country could do with a little less motivation. The people who are causing all the trouble seem highly motivated to me." - The Late Great George Carlin

No comments:

Post a Comment